This was my 3rd image using the Geoptik adaptor and my Canon 70-300mm lens. For IC405 Flaming Star Nebula I decided to move to 200mm zoom, I had tried 200mm on IC405 on the 1st night and I was not happy with the focus, or the shape of the stars. On the 2nd night my
Orion nebula and Horsehead nebula in Hydrogen Alpha. I used a Canon 75-300mm lens set to 100mm at about f6 attached to a cooled CCD camera via an Geoptik adaptor. This image was consists of 15 x 300 second exposures unbinned that were also unguided. The Orion nebula has always been tricky as it’s core
Heart and Soul Nebula IC1805 in Hydrogen Alpha. I used a Canon 75-300mm lens set at 100mm. The Canon lens is attached via a Geoptik adaptor to an Atik 460EX mono camera. This image consisted of 10 x 600 second exposures taken on a Skywatcher EQ8 mount. The images were unguided, but I did see
I did manage to get out last night and start on the Heart Nebula, only about my 2nd imaging object this winter season. But it’s so big though I can’t fit it all on the chip with the 6MP Atik 460ex camera using my Altair Astro 80mm triplet refractor with a Televue x0.8 reducer. I
Horsehead Nebula and Flame Nebula taken on 6th January 2015. Taken in Ha, 14x5min frames, on an Altair Astro 80mm Triplet telescope with Televue x0.8 reducer, Atik 460 mono camera and EQ8 mount.
This M81 image was actually taken in April 2013, just processed it in March 2014. Taken on my Altair Astro 8″ RC Telescope on an EQ6 mount. Used my Atik 314L+ CCD camera and took LRGB frames with exposures of 5 minutes each. The scope had a x0.67 reducer fitted. The focus could have been
This M45 Pleiades image was taken in one night. It consists of around 70 images, each lasting 1 minute. I took Red, Green, Blue and Luminance frames with my Atik 314L+ camera and Astronomik filters.
The Elephants Trunk took me a while to find with the small field of view of my Atik 314L+ CCD camera. I imaged it with just a Hydrogen Alpha (Ha) filter and I took 10 minute exposures and stacked together about 10 of these. The image was taken using one of my new telescopes, the
I have imaged M27 before using RGB filters, but this time I decided to use narrowband filters. I used Hydrogen Alpha (Ha) and Oxygen III (OIII). This image was taken on a Meade 127mm triplet telescope with an Atik 314L+ CCD camera. The exposures were 3 minutes long each, about 10 of Ha and 10
This image of M31 the Andromeda Galaxy is usually seen as quite an easy target to image, especially for beginners like me. The main problem with it, is that it has a very bright core, but using DPP in Maxim soon sorted this out. M31, Andromeda Galaxy was imaged using my Skywatcher 80mm ED-Pro telescope