SkyWatcher 1145PM Telescope
Manufactured by Sky-Watcher, Recommended by Sir Patrick Moore its first-class optics include a 114mm-diameter mirror and magnifying capabilities of x20, x40, x50 and x100. The 500mm focal length gives the wider fields of view ideal for examining nebulae, galaxies and star clusters. A x2 Barlow lens is also included to allow the higher magnifications required for lunar and planetary viewing, with a highest practical power (potential) of x228.
A sturdy equatorial mount and aluminium tripod give reliable support, while the inbuilt motor drive means you can track celestial objects as they cross your view.
This is a perfect first telescope for a beginner.
Sir Patrick Moore Endorses Sky-Watcher Telescopes:
“I have used a great number of telescopes; some are good, some mediocre and some bad. To me the Sky-Watcher range of instruments is very good indeed, and suited to amateurs of all kinds – and they are not priced out of the market! Excellent value. Use them and enjoy them.”
Sir Patrick Moore CBE FRS
Sky-Watcher 1145PM Refractor Telescope Highlights
- Diameter/Aperture: 114mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- Aluminized and overcoated mirrors
- Diffraction-limited secondary mirror support
- Paraboloidal (parabolic) primary mirror
- Red Dot Finder for easy locating of celestial objects
- 125% more light than 76mm telescope and 165% more than 70mm refractor
- Smooth rack-and-pinion 1.25″ focuser
- 114 primary mirror collects enough light to reveal a wealth of celestial objects
Four-arm, secondary-mirror bracket with fine supportsThe Sky-Watcher paraboloidal (parabolic) mirror reflectors and all Dobsonian models feature a four-arm, secondary-mirror bracket with fine supports (0.5mm thick), to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.
“A quality telescope that is well built and at a great price, perfect for beginners”.
Whatever your interest, terrestrial or celestial, there is a Sky-Watcher Telescope that will suit your needs at an excellent price.
The SkyWatcher 1145PM is certainly a good starting point, it must be good otherwise the Official Science Museum Store would not stock it!
Sky-Watcher 1145PM Refractor Telescope Specifications
- Optical Design Paraboloidal Newtonian Reflector
- Lens Material
- Diameter 114mm
- Focal Length 500mm
- Scondary Mirror Diameter
- F/ratio F/4.4
- Highest Practical Power 228X
- Faintest Steller Magnitude 12.9
- Resoving Power 1
- Finderscope Red Dot Finder
- Focuser diameter 1.25
- Eyepiece(s) 2x 1.25
- Mount Type Equatorial
- Slow-motion Control RA & DEC
- Counterweight(s) 3.5Kgs
- Piggyback Bracket Yes
- Accessory Tray Large wall-to-wall
- Motor Drive Single Axis (Optional)
- Tube Dimension(dia. x length) 15cm x 41cm
- Tripod Height 67cm-119cm
- Shipping Weight 11.5Kgs
- Shipping Carton Dimensions 76cm x 28cm x 23cm